I.T. & Graphic Design placement requirements and eligibility
In order to complete an IT or graphic design internship or internship in the United States, there are many requirements. First, at least one semester needs to be successfully completed at a post-secondary institution. Second, you must still be enrolled at the post-secondary institution and complete the program in a way that indicates your intention to continue the program. You must then also be able to demonstrate that you have sufficient financial resources to cover the entire duration of your internship or internship in the United States. The US government has set the minimum requirement at $1,000 per month. However, if your committed position includes compensation in the form of wages or salaries, this will be deducted from the required minimum. Finally, fluency in English is required. Candidates intending to do an internship or internship in the U.S. must be able to interact successfully in an English-speaking environment.
Internship vs traineeship
Internship programs are available for foreigners who are enrolled in academic research or have graduated from a foreign institution no more than 12 months before the start date of the exchange visitor program. The program lasts up to 12 months + a 30-day grace period that you can use to explore the country (optional).
Foreigners who have at least 1 year of experience in the field where they want to become an intern can apply for the internship program. The plan lasts up to 18 months + 30 days grace period and you can use it to travel around the country (optional).
Click here to find a list of our current vacancies.
I.T. & Graphic Design Internships / Traineeships Duration
An IT or graphic design internship or internship in the US – like other internships and internships in the US – must last at least 3 months. However, it is difficult to find internships of this short duration, as most employers expect internships of at least 6 months.
In addition, to carry out an internship in the US, you will be required to possess a J1 visa. This visa is valid for a period of up to 12 months for internships and up to 18 months for internships (except for hospitality, which is 12 months for internships).
Your stay in the U.S. can then be extended to the maximum program duration. If the renewal is accepted, you will receive a new DS-2019 form showing the renewal. However, we recommend that you determine the optimal duration in advance. Extensions will incur additional charges as you will need to complete a new DS-2019 form.
If you are looking for more information on how to extend your J1 visa click here.
I.T. & Graphic Design Internship/Traineeship Placement Compensation
Most internships in the US are paid. The amount depends on:
- the field,
- the length of time you have worked for the company,
- own work experience,
- and the company itself.
However, at Internships USA, we offer internships to candidates for at least $500 per month for 6 to 12-month internships and $1000 for more than 12 months.
Some companies may also provide other services, such as lodging, meals or transportation. Therefore, it is best to discuss this issue thoroughly with the company beforehand.
Services and costs
We know the US market very well, so we can usually arrange an internship in the US for 8-14 weeks. With our service, you can identify your preferred area and location and let us do the rest!
Externships USA will give you back carrying the DS- 2019 form and developing the externship or Training Plan( DS- 7002 form), needed for a J1 visa. thus, the backing is included in the program.
You have to bespeak your accommodation yourself but, no worries, we will guide you. We’ll help you and advise you, including suggesting affordable casing options. Costs depend on areas/ metropolises, so it’ll be bandied before your operation.
Health travel insurance: It’s needed by the American government to have health trip insurance that will cover all your medical treatments in the USA. Regular insurances don’t work as they’ve brought limits and charges are really high for medical treatments in the US.
Liability insurance: Liability insurance: Liability insurance is included in our program, so, any damage you could do to your host company will be covered.
The process to apply for an I.T. or Graphic Design placement in the US
- To apply for an internship or traineeship in the USA, you will first have to register via our Apply page.
- Also, when your operation is successfully reused, someone from our platoon will communicate with you to set up a meeting.
- After that, we will put you in contact with our program mate who’ll conduct a program entrance interview to check formerly more your conditions and your English level.
- Deposits – To confirm your registration, you need to sign the service agreement contract and pay a deposit of 300€.
- Upon successful completion of the entrance interview, we will propose you an externship or traineeship grounded on your capsule and particular preferences. And you’ll have interviews with companies.
- Internship proposal – you will receive a written offer letter with conditions and offer.
- After the Internship has been accepted, we will invoice you the final payment (program + insurance).
- Finally, you will have to apply for a J1 Visa. Internships USA will continue to support you should any problems or queries arise, but you are required to apply for the J1 Visa yourself.
- After applying for the J1 Visa, you must attend an interview at the American embassy or American consulate.
- Here you go! You are now ready to go to the US! Upon arrival in the USA, you will be required to attend an orientation with our agency partner to receive more information.
Prices of our programs in the USA
For the internship or traineeship placement + DS-2019 Form (the major part of the J1 visa application) :
– Registration fee: 300€
– from 2-6 months : 2,000€ ; or from 7-18 months : 2,400€
– Insurance: $95/month